Friday, March 28, 2014

Third Blog Post

I finally have made some progress in my project.  I downloaded the necessary programs onto my computer and began brainstorming.  The first controversial team name I will attack is the Washington Redskins.  Over the past few years, there has been a ton of controversy surrounding the name "Redskins" and their logo.  The new team name I chose was the "D.C. Delegates."  The reason I chose this was because of the governmental impact of Washington D.C.  Also, the other professional team names in Washington D.C. are the Capitals and Nationals, so "Delegates" fits the mold of D.C. sports team names.  Next, I decided my second team I would re-do would be the Chicago Blackhawks.  Although the name "Blackhawks" is not racist, their logo of an indian chief is.  Therefore, I changed the logo from a Native American to a bird, which is another common mascot for a "Blackhawk's" team.  Both of the designs for these new teams are in progress.

I learned about my topic that aside from politics, not much happens in Washington DC.  I also found out that alliteration is a great tactic to use to create team names.

About myself I learned that even when creating my own idea, it is very helpful for me to see other ideas to get a sense of what I should create.  In this case, I studied some classic sports logos to help get ideas for the new logo I made.

From here, I plan to keep working at a solid pace!

3 comments:

  1. "DC Delegates" is a great name! It is perfect for the city of Washington D.C. It is good that you have started to make some progress. I also agree with keeping the blackhawks name but only changing the logo. The logo is the derogatory part of the name, not necessarily the name. Keep creating more logos and names! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The name is cool but I don't understand to overall point of this project. Are you going to send it to the teams to make a point? How does this project impact people? What are you going to do with the logos other than putting them on a website and t-shirts? These are some things you should probably consider before continuing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a sweet idea as controversy in sports is extremely popular. I am excited to see the new design and see how it fits the name! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete