Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Introduction

I have decided for my Genius Hour project to create a website regarding controversial sports team names.  I understand that this is a relevant issue in society that many people are upset about.  What these few sports teams are doing is wrong.  Even after knowing that people are upset about their team names, a few sports teams refuse to change their names.  So, I am going to make "proposals" for these teams that would satisfy angry fans.  First, I will research the city of the sports team, to find an alternative nickname.  For example, the city of Detroit is known for their automotive market, therefore the nickname for the Detroit basketball team is "Pistons".  Next, I will re-create a logo that will accommodate the new proposed team name.  Finally, I will create a rough design of new jerseys for this team.  On this blog, I will document my progress of the website, which I am in the process of making.  Stay tuned!  I am really hoping to make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment