Friday, April 25, 2014

Fourth Blog Post

So far, I am making good progress on my project.  Besides a few problems, not much has changed since my previous post.  For instance, the first two logos I made somehow got deleted off of my computer.  However, I remembered the designs enough so it was pretty easy to quickly re-do them.  Considering the progress I have made, I believe I will definitely be finished on time with this project.  So far, these are the teams I have redesigned so far (and renamed some of them):

- Washington Redskins
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Cleveland Indians
- Utah Utes
- Atlanta Braves

So, the ones I still need to work on are the following:

- San Diego State Aztecs
- Kansas City Chiefs (If there's time)


I am still in the process of finding a few more teams that have a racist, or controversial team name/logo. So, if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Over these past couple of weeks, I have learned that many sports logos are pretty similar.  What I mean by this is that they all often incorporate the first letter or entire name of the team, and a small graphic that represents this.  When I break it down into this form, it makes it a lot easier to brainstorm logos.

I have also learned (about myself) to save early and often.  Even when you think something is saved, you should double-check it before losing your work.

3 comments:

  1. I have seen the logos and they are very creative. It seems like you are on a good time schedule to finish this project. Just find a few more teams and it will be great! Keep up the good work because this is an extremely important issue in our society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Racism affects our society greatly and in order to become more unified, there shouldn't be a barrier due to race amongst people. Sports impact many Americans, especially football, so this was an amazing idea to change the names and some logos to create more appropriateness. How long will you need? Can you upload some of your designs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these examples for the teams. These are very controversial topics in their sports and should be dealt with effectively and efficiently. This topic is interesting and i look forward to see what you do with it in the future.

    ReplyDelete