Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Fifth Blog Post

Not much has changed since my last post.  As we are getting closer to the due date, I am continuing to work on the last few teams I am "re-creating" and making some final touches on the ones I've already made.  I plan to have all teams finished and accounted for in the next two weeks at the latest.  Then, I will find a way to upload them either on to this blog or make a new website to display them on.  In the wake of the whole Donald Sterling racism incident, I think my topic is more relevant than other, which makes me even more excited to finish and share it.  This incident taught me that racism still exists in sports even beyond team names and logos.  There is still a lot more to be done to sports to make it better as a whole, but I think controversial and racist logos and team names are a good place to start.

I have come to the conclusion about my topic that while it is a good start, racism in sports is a problem that can't be solved in a short period of time unfortunately.  However, in a decade or possibly more, I feel that the sports world will be much less racist.

I have learned about myself that writers block exists too, as I went through about a week or so that I couldn't think of any good ideas.  I solved this by just starting my work and eventually some ideas came to my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment